On Saturday, November 2, 2013...
The next Concert on Bonnie Branch brings jazz to the house with Rosetta Trio! Many of you already know Stephan and Jamie if you were here for either of Jen Chapin's shows I hosted in the past. Add in Liberty and the trio is complete. For a wonderful taste of the music you'll hear November 2nd, just watch the video to the right! I think you'll like it.
Rosetta Trio was formed back in 2005 when upright bass-player Stephan wanted to record music written following the events of 9/11. Bringing in Jamie and Liberty, both on guitar, they created the album called Rosetta. That evolved into the group Rosetta Trio and two subsequent records, Reclamation and the just-released Thwirl. Rosetta Trio is currently touring to promote Thwirl and Concerts on Bonnie Branch is one of their stops on that tour.
Make your reservation NOW and join us for an evening of outstanding jazz like you've never heard in a house concert setting before. We have plenty of room in the Great Hall on Bonnie Branch so bring all your jazz-loving friends! We hope to see you there! —Ryan
Thank You to everyone for your understanding and your kindness when I needed to cancel my concert with the Jason Love Quartet in September due to the death of my dear Mom, Ferne Simmons. (You can read Mom's obituary here.) Mom died on September 14th at her home in Michigan, the exact day the concert was scheduled. My brothers and I were by her side.
Jason and his quartet were exceptionally gracious and understanding about the cancellation. I am working with Jason to reschedule the show for sometime in 2014. I will let you all know when we can get it back on the calendar.
Next March 22, 2014, join us for the Tenth Anniversary Concert on Bonnie Branch Featuring Krista Detor! Yes, back in 2004 was the first ever Concert on Bonnie Branch. Hard to believe it's been that long. Who better to celebrate this anniversary than Bonnie Branch friend and favorite, Krista Detor! Krista will be here with Dave Weber and one or two other musicians in support of her upcoming album Flat Earth Diary. You will not want to miss this show so put it on your calendar today!
Details for the show:
- Saturday, November 2, 2013
- Doors will open 6:30 p.m., show starts 7:30 p.m.
- Requested donation is $20-$25 per person - 100% goes to the musicians
- Bring extra $$$ for CDs
- Some drinks will be provided, bring your own favorite if you prefer
- Bring an hors d'oeuvre or finger food to share if you'd like
- Directions sent out a few days before the show to people with reservations
To reserve a seat, click here. A popup window will open.
Or send a request to .
Concerts On Bonnie Branch
Ellicott City, Maryland
» 2013 «
- August 24, 2013 - ilyAIMY
- July 20, 2013 - MOBTOWN MOON
» 2012 «
- Oct. 20, 2012 - SAHFFI AND HER BAND
- Jun. 1, 2012 - JEN CHAPIN TRIO
» SEASON SIX «
- Nov. 21, 2009 - JOY IKE & LAURA TSAGGARIS
- Oct. 3, 2009 - DAVID GLASER & FRAN SNYDER
» SEASON FIVE «
- Apr. 26, 2009 - AMY SPEACE
- Mar. 28, 2009 - ELLEN CHERRY
- Feb. 15, 2009 - BOB SIMA & ROB THORWORTH
- Dec. 14, 2008 - BRYAN ROWE featuring
PHIL MUNDS & KEN GOLDSTEIN
- Nov. 22, 2008 - LAURA VECCHIONE & KYLER ENGLAND
- Oct. 25, 2008 - MARKEISHA ENSLEY & TONY GALLO
- Sep. 21, 2008 - MICHELLE MALONE
- Sep. 15, 2008 - JEN CHAPIN & ROSETTA TRIO
(in Coldingham, Scotland)
» SEASON FOUR «
- Apr. 12, 2008 - DEBBIE DEANE with ROB THORWORTH
- Mar. 15, 2008 - BEAUCOUP BLUE with ACACIA SEARS
- Feb. 16, 2008 - KATE KLIM & DOUG ALAN WILCOX
- Jan. 12, 2008 - QUINTAERO CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
- Nov. 10, 2007 - CHRISTINE HAVRILLA & GRETCHEN SCHULTZ with NAT DUGGAN
- Oct. 6, 2007 - DAVID MORREALE with ELLEN CHERRY
- Sep. 15, 2007 - JEN CHAPIN TRIO
» SEASON THREE «
- Jun. 16, 2007 - KRISTA DETOR & BOB SIMA
- Mar. 24, 2007 - STEPHEN SIMMONS with LAURA TSAGGARIS
- Jan. 20, 2007 - NAKED BLUE
- Dec. 9, 2006 - BRYAN ROWE & PHIL MUNDS
- Nov. 11, 2006 - KRISTA DETOR & DAVE WEBER with ROD DEACY OPENING
- Oct. 14, 2006 - NADINE GOELLNER AND BOB SIMA
» SEASON TWO «
- Apr. 23, 2006 - DAVE'S TRUE STORY
- Mar. 11, 2006 - AMY FOX & KIRSTEN THIEN
- Feb. 11, 2006 - KATIE GRAYBEAL & BRIAN GUNDERSDORF
and IAIN CAMPBELL SMITH
- Jan. 21, 2006 - NATASHA JENKINS
with DEBORAH ALLEN ACCOMPANYING ON PIANO
- Dec. 10, 2005 - BARBARA MARTIN & MAC WALTER
with KRISTA DETOR
- Nov. 5, 2005 - The FLATBED RETRIEVERS: AMY SPEACE, TRINA HAMLIN & JAGODA
- Oct. 3, 2005 - SAM SHABER & TEDDY GOLDSTIEN
with KATHI KOWSKI opening
» SEASON ONE «
- Apr. 9, 2005 - CHRISTINE HAVRILLA
with BRIAN GUNDERSDORF
- Mar. 5, 2005 - JENNIFER MARKS
- Oct. 23, 2004 - KYLER ENGLAND
- Apr. 3, 2004 - AMY SPEACE
Concert Announcement List
If you would like to join the concert announcement list, please fill in your e-mail address and name below.
If you have any problems, just drop me an e-mail and I'll help you out. Especially if you don't get the confirmation message.
Jen Chapin, June 2012
Beaucoup Blue, March 2008
Bob Sima & Nadine Goellner, October 2006